How to make low carb, 3-ingredient chaffles
Making low-carb and keto-friendly chaffles is literally as easy as 1-2-3! These three ingredient chaffles are a favorite for Virta patients who follow a well-formulated ketogenic diet to reverse their diabetes.
Learn more about how you can reverse type 2 diabetes and prediabetes on Virta by eating your favorite foods.
Ingredients: (makes 3, 6” waffles)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded, mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp of almond flour
- Turn on waffle maker to start heating it up.
- Crack an egg into a mixing bowl and whisk it until blended.
- Add the cheese and almond flour to the bowl, and then stir to combine.
- Spray the waffle iron with non-stick spray or butter.
- Pour one-third of the batter into the heated waffle iron and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the waffle appears golden brown.
- Take waffle out and serve warm. You could even serve with a topping of choice–see below for ideas!
There are plenty of delicious high-fat, low-carb toppings that can make your chaffles even more delicious. All of these options are Virta-friendly! Since these chaffles are savory, you can top them with something sweet to make a treat, or even use them as a savory bread substitute for toast.
- Full-fat yogurt with berries
- Avocado slices–like avocado toast!
- Cinnamon mixed with melted butter and a little sugar-free sweetener
- Low-carb syrup substitutes