Diabetes-Friendly Gift Baskets & Holiday Gift Ideas
Support your loved one’s health and well-being this holiday season with a diabetes-friendly holiday gift or gift basket that aligns with their wellness goals.
Gift-giving is a wonderful way to show your family, friends and neighbors you care. If your loved one has prediabetes or type 2 diabetes, it can be helpful to give gifts that support their health goals. After all, for someone diagnosed with prediabetes, gestational diabetes or type 2 diabetes, the support of family and friends can mean everything... especially if they are trying to reverse their diagnosis.
So what's a good gift for someone with type 2 diabetes, prediabetes or gestational diabetes? Here's some suggestions on diabetes-friendly ways to show you care this holiday season, courtesy of your friends at Virta.
Diabetes-Friendly Food Gifts
Let's face it: food gifts are a big part of the holidays. But when someone is trying to improve their metabolic health, it's a good idea not to give them gift baskets that will make their goals harder. So when you're looking at food gifts, whether in basket form or otherwise, try to think in terms of zero-sugar, keto-friendly snacks like these:
- Beef or turkey jerky
- Beef or turkey sticks
- Baked cheese crisps
- Single-serve packs or a jar of nuts (opt for a variety that’s not sweetened, honeyed or yogurt-covered)
- Pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- Individual packs of tuna
- Sparkling water
- Seaweed snacks
- Pork rinds
- Keto-friendly protein bars
Diabetes-Friendly Gift Basket Ideas
Not that you should feel limited to food. , think in terms of the recipient's interests. Here are some easy ideas with an option that nearly every recipient will love.
- A coffee-themed basket with gourmet coffee beans, a coffee mug, a coffee-warming coaster and a milk frother for their heavy cream.
- A snack-packed basket with any combination of the diabetes-friendly snacks listed above and a diabetes-friendly dessert.
- A self-care basket with lotion, a candle, herbal tea, an exfoliating body scrub, essential oils and a journal.
- A fitness-themed basket with resistance bands, a yoga mat and workout socks.
- A gardening-inspired basket with gardening gloves, an apron and a hand tool set.
- A movie-night basket with a cozy throw blanket, fuzzy socks, a gift card to rent their favorite digital movie and some crunchy, low-carb snacks.
- A book-lovers basket with a book or gift card to purchase books, tea and a beautiful bookmark.
- A game night basket with a few favorite board games, healthy snacks and sparkling water.
And why stop there? Why not throw a gift card on top? If you need a diabetes-friendly gift card idea for a family member or friend with diabetes, they’re sure to love one of these considerate options:
- A massage, manicure or day spa gift card
- A voucher for a new fitness app they’ve been wanting to try.
- A gift certificate to their favorite activewear store for a new outfit, shoes or exercise equipment .
- A gift card to their favorite healthy restaurant,
- A gift card for a meditation app to support their mental health.
Giving diabetes-friendly gifts is a thoughtful way to show loved ones you care about them and their health. These ideas are only provided to get you started. Get creative — the options are endless!
If you are diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and want to live a healthier lifestyle, Virta Health may be able to help. By making healthy lifestyle changes in a medical setting with supportive resources like 1:1 virtual coaching, you can regain control of your health and feel like yourself again. See if you’re eligible for Virta Health here.”