California Consumer Privacy Act
When it comes to your personal information, you have certain rights. This section explains your rights and some of our responsibilities to help you.
You have a right to know
- about the categories of personal information collected from you and how the information will be used;
- about your personal information that was sold or disclosed for a business purpose
You have a right to request
- us to delete your personal information.
You have a right to opt-out
- of the sale of your personal information.
You have a right to access
- your data and have it be portable.
You have a right to exercise these rights
- Free from discrimination for exercising them.
Our Uses and Disclosures
We typically collect the following categories of personal information:
- “Aggregate consumer information” which means information that relates to a group or category of consumers, from which individual consumer identities have been removed, that is not linked or reasonably linkable to any consumer or household, including via a device. “Aggregate consumer information” does not mean one or more individual consumer records that have been de-identified.
- Geolocation data.
- “Health insurance information” which means a consumer’s insurance policy number or subscriber identification number, any unique identifier used by a health insurer to identify the consumer, or any information in the consumer’s application and claims history, including any appeals records, if the information is linked or reasonably linkable to a consumer or household, including via a device, by a business or service provider.
- Personal information” which means identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.
- Professional or employment-related information
We use the personal information that we collect for the following business or commercial purpose(s):
- Performing Services: including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services on behalf of the business or service provider.
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
Virta is the first clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type 2 diabetes and is on a mission to reverse it in 100 million people. Learn how we are rethinking this epidemic.