The science on COVID-19 and type 2 diabetes continues to evolve rapidly. If you haven’t been able to keep up to date on our latest COVID-19 coverage, don’t fret. Virta Medical Director Dr. Sarah Hallberg summarizes some key topics in this presentation, including:
- Why it is difficult to get a definitive scientific understanding of COVID-19
- Type 2 diabetes as a risk factor for COVID-19, including a systematic review and meta-analysis
- Obesity as a risk factor for COVID-19, including an examination of cases of requiring invasive mechanical ventilation
- Association of blood glucose control and outcomes in patients with COVID-19 and pre-existing type 2 diabetes
- The latest on outcomes associated with use of Angiotensin-converting Enzyme Inhibitors (ACEI) and Angiotensin II Receptor Blockers (ARB)
Some of this is technical content, and if you have questions, we'd love to hear from you.